A simple and reliable finger prick blood spot health check that shows if you have HIV antibodies.
- Private & confidential HIV home test
- First HIV self test to be legally available in the UK
- Easy to use finger prick blood sample
- Detects HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibodies
- Reliable results in minutes
- Discreet packaging and fast dispatch
The test has easy to follow instructions and an online video and contains everything you need to get a reliable result in a few minutes.
How accurate is the test?
The test detects infection with both HIV 1 and HIV 2 providing reliable results with a sensitivity of 99.7% and a specificity of 99.9% and works in a similar way to a home pregnancy test (two lines positive, one line negative).
How soon can you use the test?
You can use this test from 4 weeks after exposure but if your test is negative you should use caution and test again after 12 weeks. This is because each person makes HIV antibodies at different times.
If you think that you may have recently been exposed to HIV you should visit a specialist HIV clinic or A&E department as soon as possible as they have access to tests that can detect the virus earlier.
Private & Confidential
Each test kit is dispatched in secure, plain packaging which is designed to fit through a standard size letter box. Most customers who order before 2pm on a normal weekday and choose Royal Mail 1st Class Post receive their test kit within 1 to 2 working days.Contains 1 test.
Order direct from SELFCheck
- expert customer services
- reliable results at home in minutes
- clinically proven, CE certified
- same components used in hospital tests
- as reliable as a doctor's test
- supplier of laboratory diagnostics to NHS and research institutions