The thyroid test kit is easy to use and will show in minutes whether or not you have an under active thyroid.
Thyroid disorders are one of the most prevalent medical conditions in the world particularly for women, with an increasing number suffering from an under active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
The symptoms of an under active thyroid include feeling tired, weight gain, dry skin, brittle hair, feeling depressed and becoming forgetful. Some people with an under active thyroid also suffer from constipation and women may have irregular periods.
Thyroid stimulating hormone, also known as TSH, is secreted from the pituitary gland and regulates the function of the thyroid. A higher than normal TSH level can be an indicator of an under active thyroid gland and this is why doctors will often request a measurement of your blood TSH levels.
TSH test results
The TSH test shows whether your TSH levels are normal or too high.
- A TSH level less than 5mIU/L indicates normal TSH levels and your symptoms are unlikely to be due to an underactive thyroid
- A TSH level more than 5mIU/L indicates that your TSH level is high and you may have an under active thyroid. You should speak with your doctor for further tests
How accurate is the test?
In independent laboratory studies the SELFCheck Thyroid Health Test has been shown to agree with laboratory test results and is CE accredited according to Medical Device Directive 98/79EC for testing at home.
How does the test work?
A finger prick blood spot is required and is obtained by using the sterile automatic finger pricker provided with the test kit.
The test takes 10 minutes to complete when your result will be displayed on the test cassette as less than or greater than the cut-off of 5mIU/L of TSH.
What does the result tell me?
The test shows whether you could be suffering from an under active thyroid (hypothyroidism). If you have a positive result speak to your doctor who can arrange for further tests to identify the reason for your under active thyroid.
Contains 1 test.
Order direct from SELFCheck
- expert customer services
- reliable results at home in minutes
- clinically proven, CE certified
- same components used in hospital tests
- as reliable as a doctor's test
- supplier of laboratory diagnostics to NHS and research institutions